In this short guide, we will be walking you through the process of accessing yourComcast business router loginto changing its settings. You don’t have to possess any programming background to perform the methods below. Before we discuss further, make sure to check out our other guides atRouter Login List.
- 1 Finding Default Comcast Business Router Log-in
- 2 Comcast Default IP Address
- 2.1 Change Admin Password on Comcast Business Router Log-in
- 2.2 Configuring Wireless Settings on Comcast Business Router Log-in
- 2.2.1 Wireless Network
- 2.2.2 Network Name
- 2.2.3 Security Mode
- 2.2.4 Network Password
- 2.2.5 Broadcast Network Name (SSID)
- 3 Resetting Your Comcast Business Router Login
- 3.1 Why Is Comcast Business Router Login Login Not Working
- 4 F.A.Qs
- 4.0.1 Conclusion
Finding Default Comcast Business Router Log-in
- View the bottom panel of your router.
- Find the two network names (SSIDs) and the network key (password). The case-sensitive password is the same for both SSIDs.
- Record this information for reference.
- The default SSIDs and passwords are unique to your Default Gateway.
- SSID 1 will be your Private 2.4 GHz Business Internet Network.
- SSID 2 will be your Private 5 GHz Business Internet Network.
- It is highly recommended that you change the password to increase the security of your network.
Do you have other routers in your office? Check out our guides forXfinity,Spectrum,Fios, andNighthawkrouters.
Comcast Default IP Address
Your IP address is the network address for your device, so the Internet knows where to send you data. This portion of the article will walk you through finding your network adapter’s IP address. Comcast’s default IP address is 10.1.10.1
Like other wired or wireless routers, you can access Comcast Business router admin using 192.168.1.1oraccess it using192.168.0.1.From there, you can access the smart setup wizard or other router configuration details related to your router and internet connection.
Change Admin Password on Comcast Business Router Log-in
When you enter your newComcast Businessrouter login, your admin login details are configured to the default settings. The default username iscusadmin,and the default password ishighspeedorCantTouchThis. To improve the security of your router, we recommend changing the default admin password.
Time needed:5 minutes.
Here’s how to change your admin password on your Comcast business router log-in.
- Type IP address on your browser
Launch a web browser like Firefox or Chrome from a connected wired or WiFi device. Type in the IP address to access the login page.
- Type in login credentials
The admin password is different from the password that you use to access your WiFi network. To change your WiFi password and network name, see the next portion of the article. The default password will not work anymore once you’ve changed them.
You cannot change the default admin username.
- Click on Change Password
In the upper right corner, select Change Password to increase your network security.
- Type in the current password
Enter highspeed or CantTouchThis in the Current Password field
- Type in a new password
Create a new password of your choice, and reenter it for verification.
- Click Save
Save your settings.
Make sure to change your default business login credentials to secure your router. Please read up on our guides forNetGear,ARRIS, andUbeerouters.
Configuring Wireless Settings on Comcast Business Router Log-in
The description of the settings below is applicable for both your 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks.
This setting is used to enable or disable the wireless network. If you wish to use ethernet then you can disable the wireless network.
Your SSID, also known as your network name, is the name you see when your device looks for WiFi networks. Changing your SSID will not only personalize your network, but it will distinguish yours from the other networks nearby.
The 2.4 GHz network factory set SSID is CBCI-XXXX-2.4. The 5 GHz network factory set SSID is CBCI-XXXX-5. This information can be found at the bottom panel of the router.
Change the network names by typing in the network name of your choice on the field. ClickSave Settings.
You may choose from several security modes. Your selected security mode will determine the requirements for your network password. The standard recommended security mode for most routers is WPAWPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES).
Below is the list of security modes that you may choose from:
- Open (risky)
- 64 bits (5 ASCII characters or 10 Hex digits)
- 128 bits (13 ASCII characters or 26 Hex digits)
- WPA-PSK (TKIP) (8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPA-PSK (AES) (8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPA2-PSK (TKIP) ( 8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPA2-PSK (AES) ( 8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) ( 8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
- WPAWPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) ( 8 to 63 ASCII characters or 64 Hex digits)
Depending on the security model that you selected, the network password will have different requirements. The factory default password can be located on the bottom panel of your router.
Change the default by typing in your new network password on the field provided. ClickSave Settingsto save your new password.
Broadcast Network Name (SSID)
When this box is checked (it is checked by default), the Business Gateway will be visible to other wireless devices. Devices can automatically detect the access point when enabled.
Uncheck the box if you want to hide your network. When the network is hidden, you’ll need to configure your wireless client devices manually.
These credentials can also be found on other router brands. Check out our guides forXfinity,Motorola, andWindstream.
Resetting Your Comcast Business Router Login
- Reset your router by using a small object to hold in the reset button on the back of the device
- Hold the reset button for about 2-5 seconds and release it to restart the device. Don’t hold the button for more than 15 seconds if you want to reset it.
- Should you want to perform a factory reset on your device, hold the button for more than 15 seconds. This will restore all the default factory settings.
- Wait 2 minutes to allow your router to complete restart before moving on to the next step.
- Look for the network name (SSID) on your WiFi-enabled device.
- Connect to the network and open your web browser
- If you can connect to the Internet or your local browser is redirected to the following screen, your service is running correctly.
If you are getting the Comcast Business Router login error, it could mean several different things. Your connection may not be stable, or the wireless signal might be weak. If this happens, you may want to try resetting your password. Here are a few things you can try. First, you should make sure you are using the right IP address. To find your IP address, go to http://10.1.10.1 and type in your username and password.
If you’ve encountered the dreaded ‘Comcast business router login error’, you’re not alone. Millions of people are experiencing this problem every year. Luckily, there are a few simple ways to fix the problem and make sure you’re able to enjoy uninterrupted network connectivity. This article will explain the most common causes of this error and how to solve them.
Why Is Comcast Business Router Login Login Not Working
Having trouble logging into your Comcast business router? It’s a common problem that can be easily fixed. There are a few reasons why you may have problems with the login process. These include an unstable connection, a weak wireless signal, or the wrong IP address. These may be resolved by simply finding the right IP address, or resetting the router to its factory defaults.
A comcast business router can help you enjoy high-speed Internet access. In addition to the network connectivity, the router also provides a dashboard with a variety of features that can help you manage and maintain your network. Among the many things you can do, this router is also able to protect your connected nodes, and ensure your network is always secure.
The router’s dashboard is where you’ll find all of the important settings that you’ll need to keep your network running smoothly. The dashboard is also where you can configure your Giga-speed network. It’s also where you’ll find the most important details you need to know, including the password for the network’s WiFi connection.
The comcast business router has an auto-detect feature that will show you the link for the router’s login page. This page is located in the settings section of the router, and it’s the same page that you’ll find on your router’s box. If you’re unsure of what to do, you can contact customer support to help you get started. They may also be able to diagnose the problem and fix it.
Another option is to restart the router. This can often solve software and hardware related problems, and it will make the router run faster. You’ll also be able to get rid of a temporary cache that may be causing the problem. If you’re having problems with your Comcast business router’s login, you may have to contact a technician to reset it.
If the router’s login page doesn’t come up, try going into the settings page manually. If you can’t find the settings page, try restarting the router. It might be a good idea to contact a technician for help, because they’ll be able to make sure you get all of the settings you need to make your network function properly.
Hopefully, you’re now able to log into your Comcast business router with ease. If not, you may need to contact customer support. They can help you figure out why you’re having problems, and they’ll be able to get your router back up and running in no time. If you still can’t log into your router, you might want to consider trying a different provider.
You’ll probably have to use the web browser to log into your router. This is the easiest way to access your router’s settings, and it can help you find the best option for you. You can also use a browser that is locally installed, so you’ll be able to access your settings easily.
Lastly, you may want to check out the SMC COMCAST BUSINESS GATEWAY wireless router’s manual. This will help you find out what the best router for your needs is, and it will also include some details about the router’s features, including the best router for your budget.
How do I change login credentials in Comcast?
1. Launch a web browser from a connected wired or WiFi device. Type in the IP address on the URL bar to access the login page.
2. Enter your admin login credentials.
3. Select Login.
4. In the upper right corner, select Change Password to increase your network security.
5. Enter highspeed or CantTouchThis in the Current Password field.
6. Create a new password of your choice.
7. Re-enter your new router password.
8. Select Save to save your new settings.
How do I reset the Comcast router?
1. Reset your router by using a small object to hold in the reset button on the back of the device.
2. Hold the reset button for about 2-5 seconds and release it to restart the device. Don’t hold the button for more than 15 seconds if you want to reset it.
3. Should you want to perform a factory reset on your device, hold the button for more than 15 seconds. This will restore all the default factory settings.
4. Wait 2 minutes to allow your router to complete restart before moving on to the next step.
5. Look for the network name (SSID) on your WiFi-enabled device.
6. Connect to the network and open your web browser.
7. If you can connect to the Internet or if your browser is redirected to the following screen, then your service is running correctly.
How do I find Comcast login details?
1. View the bottom panel of your router.
2. Find the two network names (SSIDs) and the network key (login password).
3. The case-sensitive login password is the same for both SSIDs. Record this information for reference.
Configuring Comcast is easy. Users can do that by themselves. By following this above-mentioned steps one can easily configure, set up, and access the Comcast Router. If you still face trouble getting it configured, then you can fix it too without any professional help. Other than log in difficulties, if you encounter other issues or the methods mentioned are ineffective then feel free to contact Comcast support team. You can also check the complete details of login to other routers in our Router Login List.
Do you have questions, comments, or want to share your experiences with your Comcast Business router login? Leave them in the comment section below, and we will get back to them as soon as possible.